Green Building Committee
Objective: To be a leader in developing and maintaining programs and services related to Green Building and to promote the environmental, economic, health and community benefits of sustainability to NCBE members and the general public.
1) Continue to provide seminars/workshops related to green building.
2) Continue to build relationships with local, state and national Green entities (such as US Green Building Council, Build It Green, etc.), as well as governmental entities.
3) Continue efforts to create a “Green Building Resource Center” utilizing NCBE’s plan room area. Information is intended to be educational and aimed at contractors and the public.
4) Maintain and promote a member resource directory specifically for green builders and suppliers and add a new section to the Home Improvement Guide promoting them.
5) Continue the bi-weekly “Shades of Green” special section in our weekly Building News.
6) Maintain and update the Green Building tab on the NCBE website.
7) Market our program extensively so that the public, as well as contractors, know about the resources available to them.
8) Ensure that members’ needs are considered when decisions are made concerning green building at the City and County levels.
9) Achieve a “Green Business Certification” for NCBE operations through the Sonoma County Green Business Program.
Building Committee Action Plan